HydroFLOW SA (“we“, “us“, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Cookies Policy and any other documents referred to on our Site) sets out the basis on which your personal data will be processed by us.
HydroFLOW SA can be visited at Nico Wessels Building, 119 Sovereign Drive, Route 21 Corporate Park, Irene, Pretoria.
You are not required to provide the personal information that we request, but, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
Information we may collect from you
Information collected directly from you
We may collect the following information directly from you:
- Your name, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on hydroflow.co.za (“Site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, for instance, through surveys.
We may also collect information when you:
- search for products;
- submit a form on our website;
- participate in our blog or other social media functions on the Site;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; and/or
- report a problem with the Site.
Information collected automatically
We gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit website, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data and other applications.
We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the Site, to learn about user behaviour on the Site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Information collected via Third Parties
We may collect the following information via trusted third parties who provide services to you through different websites we operate or other services we provide including business partners, sub-contractors (including those providing payment and delivery services) advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, and website, hosting and maintenance providers.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our Cookies Policy.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to provide you with quotations;
- to manage any registered accounts that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to train our staff about selling our products based on a customers’ previous purchases;
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- with your agreement, to send you our promotional materials or provide you with information regarding special offers and new ranges that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- where we have a legal duty to use or disclose your information (for example, in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute); and
- to assess your credit scores via third party credit reference agencies, where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
Legal basis for us processing your personal data
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or post.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time and where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after your consent is withdrawn.
We collect and use your personal data because it is necessary for:
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to you;
- complying with our legal obligations; or
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests including but not limited to:
- selling and supplying goods and services to you;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting HydroFLOW SA, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to HydroFLOW SA;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against HydroFLOW SA; and fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with members of our business and some of our service partners including:
Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them in relation to processing or delivering your goods.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
Other Third Parties
Aside from our service providers, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below and we will never sell or rent your data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may, however, share your data with:
- Prospective sellers or buyers, in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose your personal data to a prospective buyer or seller.
- Prospective third parties which acquire our assets, in the event that we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data we hold will be transferred to the third party acquiring our other assets.
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers:
- where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or terms and conditions of sale and other agreements;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of HydroFLOW SA, our customers, or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction); or
- where we are required to do so to comply with our legal obligations, to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases), for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and for the protection of our employees and customers.
How we protect your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Duration of storage
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Links to other Websites
Our Site may contain links to third party websites, and some of our services provide you with access to third party services (such as social networks).
We have no control over how third party websites and services process your personal information. We do not review third party websites and services, and we are not responsible for such third party websites and services or their privacy practices. Please read the privacy statements of any third party websites or services that you access from our websites or services.
Nico Wessels Building
119 Sovereign Drive
Route 21 Corporate Park
This site, like many others, uses small files called cookies to help customise your experience. Find out more about cookies and how you can control them.
When you enter our Site for the first time and where we wish to issue your computer with a cookie, you will be asked to consent to such use. If you wish to reject our cookie, you can decline our request, in which case you may not be able to use the Site or some parts of it. Additionally, you can configure your browser to do so, or you can ask your internet browser to alert you when a cookie is being set up. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Many websites do this whenever a visitor visits their website in order to track traffic flows.
What are ‘cookies’?
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by the browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Safari) on your computer or mobile phone. They allow websites to store such things as user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a “memory” for the website, enabling it to recognise a user and respond appropriately.
A visit to a page on hydroflow.co.za may generate the following types of cookie:
Anonymous analytics cookies:
Every time a user visits our website, web analytics software provided by a third party generates an anonymous analytics cookie. These cookies can tell us whether or not you have visited the site before.
Your browser will tell us if you have these cookies, and if you don’t, we generate new ones. This allows us to track how many individual unique users we have, and how often they visit the site.
PHP Session’, ‘PHPSESSID’, ‘This cookie is used to track important logical information for the smooth operation of the site.
Social Media third party cookies
You are able to block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Information on how to block cookies can usually be found within the “Help” feature of your browser. Information can also be found on the main browser websites.
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the Internet, you may find the following links useful:
If you would like to contact us about cookies please email us